Ithaca/Geneva Visitors at Weill Cornell-NYC: Library Resources and Services
Welcome Cornell University Faculty, Staff and Students visiting Weill Cornell! The staff and resources of all the Cornell University Libraries are available to you to support your research, learning and practice.
Accessing Electronic Resources
- The electronic collections available to the Cornell community vary among Cornell campuses and branches. While using a computer on the Weill Cornell network, you will be able to access all resources licensed for the Medical Library. If you are unable to access a Cornell University resource, you may need to login as a remote user. The Using Library Resources from Off-Campus web page explains technical issues and requirements for Cornell University users.
Searching the Online Catalog
- The Cornell University Library catalog does not include the collection of the Weill Cornell Medical Library or the eLibrary in Qatar. Search for materials at Weill Cornell using Tri-Cat, the online combined catalog of the libraries of Weill Cornell, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Rockefeller University and the Hospital for Special Surgery. You can limit your search to just Weill Cornell. Only on-site or remotely authenticated users will be able to follow links into licensed resources such as ebooks, ejournals and databases. If you want to search for materials across all Cornell University Libraries, you can use Find It or WorldCat.
Borrowing Library Materials
- Faculty, staff, and enrolled students from any Cornell University (CU) campus are eligible to register to borrow materials from the Medical Library. A current Cornell University ID card must be presented to enter the Library and also at the Circulation Desk to register for borrowing privileges. Visit Library Access and Circulation Privileges for Cornell University Visitors for more information about borrowing, renewing and returning materials.
Copying and Printing at the Library
- Find out how to print and photocopy at the Weill Cornell Medical Library.
Requesting Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery
- Cornell University faculty, staff and students should use one of the request forms from the Interlibrary Services web page to request materials. This includes items at the Weill Cornell Medical Library unless you wish to retrieve the material in person.
Using Your Laptop in the Library
- Wireless network access to the Weill Cornell Medical College network is available in the Medical Library for Ithaca Campus Visitors with laptops. Connect to the wireless network named RedRover-Secure using your Ithaca NetID and password.
- The page on Wireless access provides more information.
Consulting with an Expert Staff Member
- Library staff are here to help with your information needs. Ask a reference or searching question to the Medical Library using our online form or via phone at (212) 746-6055. Take advantage of instructional opportunities, consultations and online training materials from Weill Cornell. If you'd like reference help from one of the Cornell University Libraries, request a consultation.
Finding Research Collaborators and Resources
- Use VIVO, the Virtual Life Sciences Library, to discover who's working on a particular research topic, where they've taught and published recently, what facilities are available and what online tools can expedite your research.