- Revised Policy on Enhancing Public Access to Archived Publications Resulting from NIH-Funded Research - This mandate effective April 7, 2008, requires all investigators funded by the National Institute of Health (NIH), to submit or have submitted for them to PubMed Central an electronic version of their final, peer-reviewed manuscripts upon acceptance for publication - to be made publicly available no later than 12 months after the official date of publication.
- NIH Manuscript Submission System (NIHMS) - Log in to the NIHMS system when you are ready to submit your manuscript.
- NIH Manuscript Submission System (NIHMS) Frequently Asked Questions - answers to questions regarding the submission process
- NIH Public Access Frequently Asked Questions - answers to questions regarding scope of policy and how to comply
- NIH Public Access Website - background and guidance, on compliance with the requirements, to enhance the public access to publications resulting from NIH-funded research
Tutorials and Presentations
NIH Public Access Policy, MyNCBI, and NIH Biosketch - the library's guide to NIH Public Access
WCM Letter to Publishers - submit this letter with your manuscript, alerting the publisher that the manuscript is subject to the NIH policy, and that Weill Cornell Medicine expects compliance with this policy.
WCM Compliance Guide for the NIH Mandate - a document to help you comply with the new requirements, it details important rights issues, as well as where to go for help or more information.
WCM Medical Library Glossary - definitions of terms that you may see during the submission process
NIH Submission Flowchart - a flowchart containing the steps needed to comply with the new requirements