Library catalogs containing table-of-contents information for books and proceedings:
- CISTI Catalog - The Canadian Institute for Scientific and Technical Information (CISTI) catalog contains the table-of-contents information for over 23,000 books and conference proceedings. Authors and titles listed are searchable by author, title or keyword.
- WorldCat (OCLC) - The Online Computer Library Center (OCLC) catalog contains the holdings of books, journals, and other materials held by many libraries. This catalog includes book chapters for many titles. To find a chapter's author or title, search using the notes/comments field in the pull-down menu.
- Columbia University Online Catalog (CLIO) - The Columbia Libraries Information Online (CLIO) catalog includes book chapters for many titles. To search for a chapter author or title, select Content Notes.
- LOCATORplus - The US National Library of Medicine (NLM) catalog contains listings for a number of book chapters. More chapters are currently being added.
- OhioliNK Central Catalog - Many of the recently published books in this statewide catalog have table-of-contents information included.
Specialized databases including book chapter and/or meeting abstracts and conference proceedings:
- BIOSIS Previews/Biological Abstracts - covers biology
- CINAHL (available through EBSCO) - covers nursing and allied health
- INSPEC - covers scientific and technical conference proceedings in physics, biomedical engineering, image processing, and information technology (1969 - present)
- PsycINFO - covers psychology, psychiatry and other behavioral sciences
Book review sources containing tables of contents:
- MedInfoNOW (formerly Doody's) - reviews and contents of biomedical books
Publishers websites for tables of contents of items in print:
- AcqWeb - a directory of publishers and vendors
Meeting abstracts available from a variety of sources:
- Medscape's Conference Center - offers conference coverage by specialty, as soon as the next day
- Web of Science (also known as the Science Citation Index, Social Science Citation Index, and Arts & Humanities Citation Index) - covers many meeting abstracts that appear as journal supplements and individual publications - search can be limited to "Meeting Abstract" on the General Search screen.