The Samuel J. Wood Library & C.V. Starr Biomedical Information Center is now supporting researchers completing their IACUC proposals. Library staff are available to assist researchers in ensuring their protocol ‘Experimental Plan’ is easily understandable by IACUC reviewers and that every section contains the relevant and appropriate information.
Please note that this service is designed to review the language and organization, not the science, of your protocol. Although we may comment on areas of concern, in particular regarding the presence or absence of relevant information for each section of the protocol, we are not a substitute for the scientific review that a mentor or colleague can provide.
What we offer:
- Light editing
- Checking that all requested content is present in your protocol ‘Experimental Plan’
- Suggestions for clarifying and increasing readability of your protocol ‘Experimental Plan’
What we expect:
- Submission of protocol two weeks before desired IACUC protocol submission date
- Protocol in Microsoft Word format, either as a Word file or a link to the protocol in OneDrive
- Completion of brief post-editing survey
How it works:
- Researcher submits request to email@example.com
- Library will notify within 24 business hours whether your request has been accepted. Please do not send any documents before then.
- Researcher sends all documents to be reviewed
- Within two weeks, library returns marked-up documents
- Researcher completes brief post-editing survey
Review requests are considered on a first-come, first-served basis. We strongly encourage you to request this service and deliver your protocol at the earliest possible date to ensure the delivery of your review before any submission deadline. Librarians will not take responsibility for any missed deadlines or submission outside of the aforementioned timeline.