We are looking for a leader with experience in research, and skills in Python-based data science and web development, to manage the Weill Cornell Medicine (WCM) Library research services, and guide their continued development in line with the needs of the research community.
Key areas of oversight will include:
- Research reproducibility service
- WCM Data Core
- Library bioinformatics service
- Scientific Software Service
- Faculty leadership activities
- Developing new digital library services
The individual will work as part of the library senior management team, setting priorities and strategically planning the direction of the library. The Associate Director will work closely with the Library Director to ensure the library plays a leading research support role in the organization. They will also work closely with the Library Director to develop and recommend an annual budget for unit activities. To apply, please email cover letter and curriculum vitae to email@example.com with “Associate Director for Research” included in the subject line.
In partnership with multiple stakeholders, the Clinical Medical Librarian (CML) provides biomedical research, information management, and instructional services to the clinical and academic communities of Weill Cornell Medicine, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital and affiliates. This position is embedded in the clinical practices of the institution and is responsible for leading outreach activities and training initiatives to increase the value of Library services to the Medical Center. The CML reports to the Assistant Director, Clinical Services. To apply, please email cover letter and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Clinical Medical Librarian Application” included in the subject line.
- Internship opportunities for graduate students in Library, Information Science, Archives, Public History, or Museum Studies programs will be posted on this webpage, and can sometimes be arranged separately in conjunction with academic coursework or area of interest. Please contact Diana Delgado with your interests and availability for internships in the Samuel J. Wood Library, or Nicole Milano with your interests and availability for internships in the Medical Center Archives at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medicine. All internship arrangements are finalized through Library Administration, in conjunction with Weill Cornell Medicine Human Resources.