Computer Lab Policy
The Computer Lab located on the lower level may be reserved by registered library users, for professional and educational activities that require group computer training. Reservations are required and should be made by completing the Library Computer Lab Reservation Form at least two weeks prior to the date the room is needed. Priority is given to curriculum-related sessions.
For urgent requests, contact SMARTDesk: (646) 962-2570 or email@example.com.
- 20 networked Dell Computer workstations
- Overhead projector
- All workstations have:
- Microsoft Office
- Internet browsing software (Firefox and Explorer)
Adobe CS6 Design Standard software for web and graphics design is available on 10 of the 20 computers in the Computer Lab.
Very limited technical support is available at this time. It is recommended that you bring your own support, or become familiar with the technologyinstructionscl.pdf. SMARTDesk staff may be able to assist if available.
- The Computer Lab is open for individual computer use during library hours, when scheduled classes are not in session.
- Computers are available to all users on a first-come, first-served basis. Users are to take all belongings with them when finished.
- Belongings left at a computer will not serve to "reserve" the computer for later use.
- The room will not be held for more than 15 minutes.
- The maximum occupancy for this room is 20 and must not be exceeded.
- It is the responsibility of the instructor to set up the projector and instructional laptop, which is stored in the Computer Lab podium.
- The instructor should check out the key for the podium from the SMARTDesk using their library-registered ID card.
- Instructors with special software needs may request that software be temporarily downloaded on any or all workstations. Requests for special software must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and may incur a fee.
- Reservations may be overridden if the room is needed for a higher priority. You will be notified.
- Please refer to the Food and Drink Policy for more information.
- The Instructor is responsible for returning equipment to its original location, returning the key, and leaving the room in an orderly condition.
- Equipment problems should be reported to the SMARTDesk before leaving the library.
- Damage to the room and/or equipment including food/drink spillage will result in replacement/repair/cleaning fees.
- The library reserves the right to cancel reservations for groups that do not observe the policies stated above.
- Use of the Computer Lab during hours the library is closed will be considered on a case-by-case basis by library administration and may incur a fee of $75/hr.