Collaboration Room Policy
The Collaboration Room is located on the main floor of the Library. It may be reserved for professional and educational activities by registered library users. Reservations should be made by completing the Library Collaboration Room Reservation Form. Priority is given to groups from the Medical College.
* Due to COVID-19 social distancing limitations, the Collaboration Room occupancy policy has temporarily changed. Please note the following:
Maximum occupancy of the room is limited to 8 people and may not be exceeded.
Reservations can be made for groups under 5 people for the time being.
If two different groups submit requests for the same date and time, preference will be given to the group with five or more members. The group with less than 5 members may be bumped out of their reservation.
When there aren’t reservations, the Collaboration Room is available on a first-come first-served basis.
The Collaboration Room is set up in boardroom style and includes:
- Seating (Total of 8 Chairs)
- Center conference table (seating for 4)
- Access to WiFi
- Video conferencing (point to point) *
- USB webcam for web conferences
- Whiteboards, markers, and erasers
*Important note: To use the video conferencing system, your partner must have a Polycom unit, and you will need their IP address. You will need to obtain this information prior to your event.
Technical support is limited at this time. It is recommended that you bring your own support, or become familiar with the zoom_rooms_user_guide.pdf prior to your meeting. SMARTDesk staff may be able to assist if they are available.
- The Collaboration Room must be reserved using the Library Collaboration Room Reservation Form. It cannot be booked directly through Outlook.
- There is a 15-minute grace period for reservations. If your group is not present within 15 minutes of your reservation's start time, your reservation may be forfeited, and another group may use the room. The Collaboration Room is in high demand. We request that you reserve the space only for the time you need it.
- Should you need to cancel all or part of a reservation, please be courteous and promptly advise us that your needs have changed, via phone (646-962-2570) or email (email@example.com). This will free the room for others to use.
- Reservations may be made up to 4 months in advance.
- The Collaboration Room is not intended for ongoing classes. Its usage by a given group may not exceed 10 meetings within 4 months.
- Multiple recurring meetings (i.e. the same day and time) may be submitted in the same request.
- Due to Covid-19 social distancing limitations, the maximum occupancy for this room is 8 until further notice, and may not be exceeded.
- Preference will be given to groups of five or more.
- Use of the Collaboration Room during hours the library is closed will be considered on a case-by-case basis by library administration and may incur a fee of $75/hr. Additional fees may be charged for ITS support.
- If needed, groups should check out the room key from the SMARTDesk using their WCM/NYPH ID card.
Requests are normally filled on a first come, first served basis. However, reservations may be canceled if the room is needed for a higher priority use. Should this happen, you will be notified promptly, and every attempt will be made to accommodate your group on another date or in another Library space.
- Food and drinks are permitted, but it is the responsibility of the meeting group to clean up after use. Please refer to the Library's Food and Drink Policy.
- Groups must refrain from rearranging chairs during meetings as they have been arranged by the library with social distancing guidelines in mind.
- Groups are responsible for leaving the room in an orderly condition, turning off the lights, cleaning whiteboards, and locking the door.
- Groups should report equipment problems to the SMARTDesk before they leave the library.
- Damage to the room or to equipment, including damage from spilled drinks or food, will result in fees for cleaning, replacement or repair.
The library reserves the right to cancel reservations for groups that do not observe the policies or fulfill the responsibilities listed above, or that violate applicable university policies.