Collaboration Room Policy
The Collaboration Room is located on the main floor of the library and may be reserved by registered library users for professional and educational activities. Reservations should be made by completing the Library Collaboration Room Reservation Form. Priority is given to groups from the Medical College.
The Collaboration Room is set up in a conference room format and includes:
- Seating (Total of 18 Chairs)
- Center conference table (seating for 10)
- Video conferencing (point to point)*
- USB webcam for web conferences
- Whiteboards, markers and erasers
*Important note: To use the video conferencing system, your partner must have a Polycom unit, and you will need their IP address. You will need to obtain this information prior to your event.
Limited technical support is available at this time. It is recommended that you bring your own support, or become familiar with the zoom_rooms_user_guide.pdf prior to your meeting. SMARTDesk staff may be able to assist if available.
- The room will not be held for more than 15 minutes.
- Groups should check out the room key from the SMARTDesk using their library-registered ID card.
- The Collaboration Room is not intended for ongoing classes or recurring events. Use is limited to 10 times per semester by the same group.
- Maximum occupancy for the room is 18 and must not be exceeded.
- Preference will be given to groups of five or more.
- Reservations may be overridden if the room is needed for a higher priority. You will be notified.
- Food and drinks are permitted but it is the responsibility of the meeting group to clean up after use.
- Use of the Collaboration Room during hours the library is closed will be considered on a case-by-case basis by library administration and may incur a fee of $75/hr.
- Please refer to the Food and Drink Policy for more information.
- Groups may rearrange chairs for meetings but must return the room to its original arrangement before departure.
- Groups are responsible for leaving the room in an orderly condition, turning off the lights, cleaning whiteboards, and locking the door.
- Equipment problems should be reported to the SMARTDesk before leaving the library.
- Damage to the room and/or equipment including food/drink spillage will result in replacement/repair/cleaning fees.
- The library reserves the right to cancel reservations for groups that do not observe the policies stated above.