We are canceling all bookings for the Collaboration Room from March 15th - March 20th and we will not be accepting new bookings until after this period. This is subject to change.
Collaboration Room Policy
The Collaboration Room is located on the main floor of the library and may be reserved by registered library users for professional and educational activities. Reservations should be made by completing the Library Collaboration Room Reservation Form. Priority is given to groups from the Medical College.
The Collaboration Room is set up in a conference room format and includes:
- Seating (Total of 18 Chairs)
- Center conference table (seating for 10)
- Access to WiFi
- Video conferencing (point to point) *
- USB webcam for web conferences
- Whiteboards, markers, and erasers
*Important note: To use the video conferencing system, your partner must have a Polycom unit, and you will need their IP address. You will need to obtain this information prior to your event.
Technical support is limited at this time. It is recommended that you bring your own support, or become familiar with the zoom_rooms_user_guide.pdf prior to your meeting. SMARTDesk staff may be able to assist if available.
- The Collaboration Room must be reserved using the Library Collaboration Room Reservation Form. Bookings made through Outlook directly will not be honored.
- There is a 15-minute grace period for reservations. If your group is not present within 15 minutes of the start of your reservation, your reservation may be forfeited, and another group may use that space. The Collaboration Room is in high demand. We request that you reserve the space only for the time you need it.
- Should you need to cancel all or part of a reservation, please be courteous and advise us, via phone (646-962-2570) or email (email@example.com) promptly that your needs have changed so others may use the room instead.
- Reservation requests may be made up to 4 months in advance.
- The Collaboration Room is not intended for ongoing classes. Use is limited to no more than 10 times in 4 months by the same group.
- Recurring meetings (i.e. the same day and time) may be submitted in the same request.
- The maximum occupancy for the room is 18 and must not be exceeded.
- Preference will be given to groups of five or more.
- Use of the Collaboration Room during hours the library is closed will be considered on a case-by-case basis by library administration and may incur a fee of $75/hr. Additional fees may be charged for ITS support.
- If needed, groups should check out the room key from the SMARTDesk using their WCM/NYPH ID card.
Requests are normally filled on a first-come, first-served basis. However, reservations may be canceled if the room is needed for a higher priority. Should this happen, you will be notified promptly, and every attempt will be made to accommodate your group on another date or in another Library space.
- Food and drinks are permitted, but it is the responsibility of the meeting group to clean up after use. Please refer to the Library's Food and Drink Policy.
- Groups may rearrange chairs for meetings but must return the room to its original arrangement before departure.
- Groups are responsible for leaving the room in an orderly condition, turning off the lights, cleaning whiteboards, and locking the door.
- Equipment problems should be reported to the SMARTDesk before leaving the library.
- Damage to the room and/or equipment including food/drink spillage will result in replacement/repair/cleaning fees.
The library reserves the right to cancel reservations for groups that do not observe the policies and responsibilities stated above, as well as applicable university policies.