WCM, Cornell & NYC Area Resources
- Bioinformatics - Dr. John Wagner, WCM
- Computational Genomics Core Facility - WCM
- Biotechnology Resource Center (BRC) - Cornell University Institute of Biotechnology
- Institute for Computational Biomedicine - WCM
- Molecular Modeling - WCM
Library Materials and Services
- Computational Biology Books in OneSearch
- Current Protocols
- Cell Biology
- Human Genetics
- Molecular Biology
- Protein Science
- Stem Cell Biology
- NCBI Bookshelf - A growing collection of biomedical books
Molecular Biology Databases & Tools
- Annual Database Issue and Annual Web Server Issue - Nucleic Acids Research
- Connectivity Map (cmap) (genome-wide transcriptional expression data from cultured human cells treated with bioactive small molecules) - Broad Institute
- Human Genome Resources - National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI)
- NCBI Site Map - list of all NCBI resources
- NCBI Tools for Data Mining
- Gene Ontology - provides a controlled vocabulary to describe genes and gene product attributes in any organism
- Clone and Gene Collections
- The I.M.A.G.E. Consortium - large public collection of genes
- NIGMS Human Genetic Cell Repository
- Cancer Genome Anatomy Project - Tissues (cDNA Libraries & SNPs)
- Mammalian Gene Collection - cDNA clones of expressed genes (human, mouse, rat and cow)
- Scriver's OMMBID - online metabolic and molecular bases of inherited disease
Structure Visualization Software
Note: The Library staff does not provide technical support for this software
- Cn3D 3-D structure viewer - Cn3D is a visualization tool for biomolecular structures, sequences, and sequence alignments. Cn3D is typically run from a WWW browser as a helper application for NCBI's Entrez system, but it can also be used as a standalone application. Cn3D reads only ASN.1 data files from the MMDB database. Tutorials and help are available.
- RasMol - RasMol is a molecular graphics program intended for the visualization of proteins, nucleic acids and small molecules. The program is aimed at display, teaching and generation of publication quality images. RasMol (UNIX and Win32 versions) can read MMDB ASN.1 files. See also: Introduction to RasMol
- Protein Explorer, a RasMol-derivative - The Protein Explorer (PE) enables you to explore the 3D structure of any macromolecule - proteins, DNA, RNA, carbohydrates - and complexes, such as those between transcriptional regulatory proteins and DNA, or enzymes and drugs. See also: Tutorial for Protein Explorer
- MAGE/Official Kinemage Homepage - A "kinemage" (kinetic image) is a scientific illustration presented as an interactive computer display. Kinemages are viewed and explored by using a simple graphics program called MAGE.
- MolviZ.Org - Molecular Visualization Resources, all free and open source.
Advanced Structure Manipulation Programs
MOLMOL (MOLecule analysis and MOLecule display) - MOLMOL is a molecular graphics program for displaying, analyzing, and manipulating the three-dimensional structure of biological macromolecules, with special emphasis on the study of protein or DNA structures determined by NMR. The program runs on UNIX and Windows NT/95/98/2000 and is freely available.
Visual Molecular Dynamics (VMD) - VMD is a molecular visualization program for displaying, animating, and analyzing large biomolecular systems using 3-D graphics and built-in scripting. VMD supports computers running MacOS-X, Unix, or Windows, is distributed free of charge, and includes source code.
Tutorials & Training Materials
Other Resource Collections
- 123Genomics - Hundreds of genomics-related bookmarks in categories: careers, courses, news, research labs, databases, scientific societies, protocol guides, microarrays, sequence databases & analysis, publications, and diseases & disorders.